Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Bird Watching at Your Library

If you'd like to teach your children about backyard wildlife, visit the big windows in our children's section. Behind the library, we keep several bird feeders donated by the Wichita Audubon Society. Bird watching books are available nearby. A wide variety of birds have been spotted at our feeders, including some that are rare for this area. Drop by and see if you can identify any.

When asked about their favorite birds, your Andover librarians said:

"Tufted Titmouse." -Cathy, Children's Librarian
"Same here." Tori, YA Librarian

"My favorite was the library peacock but he seems to have flown the coop
so I would have to say the cardinal. He is so pretty in the winter snow fall.
My third choice would be any bird that doesn't poop on my freshly washed car."
-Kathy, ILL Librarian

"Cardinal." -Karyn, Administrative Director

"I think I’m gonna go with the Phoenix, unless that doesn’t count.
If not, then the Flamingo." -Kristina, Circulation Librarian

"Either owls, [my mother had a collection of several hundred figurines],
or flamingos, neither of which will be snacking at our feeder."
-Cheri, Assistant Director

"Great Blue Heron." -Tom, Library Director

"Mallard ducks." -Tiffany, Circulation Librarian

"Peregrine falcon, because there was one in My Side of the Mountain."
-Benjamin, Circulation Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment